2017 was another year of learning and trying to spread that education to the readers here. I am so grateful for all the people who find the content here useful and provide feedback. With all the amazing sources of financial content out there I know most of you don’t have the time to keep up with everything I write so if I had to narrow this year’s content down to just 5 posts these would be the ones:
- The Biggest Myths in Investing – This was actually a series of 10 posts on big issues that are pervasive across the investment space.
- Three Things I’ve Learned Since the Financial Crisis – Short post here reflecting on the biggest lessons I’ve learn since the crisis.
- Why I am an Optimist – Another shorty here explaining why my general starting point for macro analysis (and life in general) includes an optimistic starting point.
- What is Enough? – This was a short post on the importance of knowing what is “enough” for you. It’s easy to get caught up in the rat race of life trying to attain an ever higher peak on a never ending mountain. Knowing what is enough for you can set you free from the financial stranglehold that so many people find themselves in simply because they’re trying to climb a mountain they won’t find that satisfying in the first place.
- Macro State of the Markets – This presentation in Vegas was one of the highlights of my year. I covered a huge amount of ground in just 25 minutes. I think you’ll enjoy it if you haven’t seen it already: