I did an interview earlier this month on The Investor Podcast with Preston Psyh and Stig Brodersen. We covered a lot of different topics, but focused mainly on my white paper “Understanding the Modern Monetary System”. We discuss:
- The importance of forming a sound operational understanding of the monetary system not only for investment purposes, but for political purposes
- How innovation can overcome regulations and demographic problems
- Why it’s the banks and not the Federal Reserve that is “printing money”
- Why and how the US financial system is different than in Europe
- Why quantitative easing is nothing more than a simple asset swap
- Why the US shouldn’t peg the dollar to a commodity or a basket of currencies
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.