I joined Dr. Daniel Crosby on the Standard Deviations podcast for a wide ranging discussion about portfolio management and navigating the conspiracy theories of the financial markets.
This one’s short and sweet at just over 30 minutes. We covered a lot of ground and Daniel is a great host. Check out his podcast here.
Tune in to hear:
– What is “all duration investing” and what behavioral upside might this approach have for investors?
– How can you better organize a bucketing approach to reflect those investments’ time horizons?
– What about the tendency for all time horizons to become today in the face of behavioral pressure – how can we protect ourselves from this?
– Why is the myth that “China owns the USA” constantly perpetuated?
– A lot of people think quantitative easing is just printing money – why is this a myth?
– Are governmental actions, or lack thereof, partially to blame for where we are at with inflation at the moment?
– Are we on the cusp of losing reserve currency status or is this a myth?
– Why does Cullen think there should be more nuance around the “buy and hold” principle?
– What are some pragmatic applications and implications of the financial myths that Cullen has busted on today’s episode?
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.