No comments necessary here. The end of government stimulus is revealing a very very weak private sector. It’s almost unbelievable how weak this data is considering where we are from the trough in economic output (via Trade The News):
- (US) Jun Challenger Job Cuts Y/Y: 39.4K v 38.8K prior; -47.1% v -65.1% prior
- (US) Initial Jobless Claims: 472K v 455Ke; Continuing Claims: 4.616M v 4.550Me
- 10:00 (US) Jun ISM Manufacturing: 56.2 v 59.0e; Prices paid: 57.0 v 70.0e
- 10:00 (US) May Construction Spending M/M: -0.2% v -0.8%e
- 10:00 (US) May Pending Home Sales M/M: -30.5%% v -14.2%e; Y/Y: -15.6%% v 24.6% prior
- (US) EIA Natural Gas Inventories: +60 bcf v +60 to +70 bcf estimate range
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.
Comments are closed.