I was back on Boom/Bust today discussing the macro view. We covered a lot of ground including:
- Why the US economy is as weak as it is.
- Where we are in the business cycle.
- Is the housing recovery sustainable?
- Could the Fed have done more to avoid the crisis?
- The risk of moral hazard via government intervention.
- The importance of understanding the credit cycle as a driver of the business cycle.
- The unprecedented negative trend in government employment.
- The “new macroeconomic world” and why the USA is not fully insulated from global economic disruptions.
You can watch the full interview here: