I was back on Boom/Bust today discussing the macro view. We covered a lot of ground including:
- Why the US economy is as weak as it is.
- Where we are in the business cycle.
- Is the housing recovery sustainable?
- Could the Fed have done more to avoid the crisis?
- The risk of moral hazard via government intervention.
- The importance of understanding the credit cycle as a driver of the business cycle.
- The unprecedented negative trend in government employment.
- The “new macroeconomic world” and why the USA is not fully insulated from global economic disruptions.
You can watch the full interview here:
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.