I was back on Boom/Bust today discussing the macro view. We covered a lot of ground including:
- Why the US economy is as weak as it is.
- Where we are in the business cycle.
- Is the housing recovery sustainable?
- Could the Fed have done more to avoid the crisis?
- The risk of moral hazard via government intervention.
- The importance of understanding the credit cycle as a driver of the business cycle.
- The unprecedented negative trend in government employment.
- The “new macroeconomic world” and why the USA is not fully insulated from global economic disruptions.
You can watch the full interview here:
Latest posts by Cullen Roche (see all)
- The Biggest Risk of Passive Investing - 04/25/2017
- The Most Dangerous Narratives are Usually the Smartest - 04/21/2017
- Let’s Talk About Shrinkage - 04/19/2017
Did you have a comment or question about this post, finance, economics or your love life? Feel free to use the discussion forum here to continue the discussion.*
*We take no responsibility for bad relationship advice.