The earnings calendar is absolutely slammed this week as the reporting season hits full steam. 439 companies report with 135 of the S&P 500 firms reporting. The economic calendar will take a backseat to the earnings reports this week, but I would still look for the housing data to be market moving. Housing starts on Tuesday and Existing Homes Sales on Friday will prove to be important reports. Every day of the week has important earnings reports.
Monday – Market moving earnings include Apple, Eaton, & Texas Instruments.
Tuesday – Market moving earnings include BlackRock, Caterpillar, Coke, Du Pont, Nabors, & United Tech.
- ICSC-Goldman Store Sales 7:45 AM ET
- Housing Starts 8:30 AM ET
- Producer Price Index 8:30 AM ET
- Redbook 8:55 AM ET
- EIA Petroleum Status Report 10:30 AM ET
- Beige Book 2:00 PM ET
- Jobless Claims 8:30 AM ET
- Leading Indicators 10:00 AM ET
- EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 AM ET
- Ben Bernanke Speaks 8:30 AM ET
- Existing Home Sales 10:00 AM ET