Peter Thiel, of Clarium Capital, had a very interesting presentation at the Ira Sohn Conference. His main points:
- The government is very misguided in their economic recovery package
- He likes tech companies that actually innovate. Claims that most tech companies are a “fraud”. Specifically dislikes Microsoft and other large tech companies that aren’t innovative, but huge licensing companies.
- He is shorting the green shoots trade
- He believes we are entering a world of massive inflation
- Raw materials will become more expensive
- Personal assets will deflate
- There will be no v-shaped recovery.
Source: Zero Hedge and WSJ
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.