SSRN, the #1 research repository in the world, recently released their top research papers of 2016 and I was lucky enough to have TWO papers on the list. The first, of course, is my older paper “Understanding the Modern Monetary System” and the second is the paper I published in March of 2016 titled “Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction”. If you’ve already read those then have a look at a few of the others on the list. Jackson’s Game Theory paper is tremendous and Meb Faber’s Tactical Asset Allocation is equally fantastic. If you feel the need to get a little nerdier then dive into the Damodaran papers. The guy is a total genius and is overly generous spreading his knowledge.
1. A Brief Introduction to the Basics of Game Theory by Matthew O. Jackson (Stanford University – Department of Economics)
2. A Quantitative Approach to Tactical Asset Allocation by Meb Faber (Cambria Investment Management)
3. Explaining Nationalist Political Views: The Case of Donald Trump by Jonathan Rothwell (Gallup) and Pablo Diego-Rosell (Gallup)
4. 101 Formulaic Alphas by Zura Kakushadze (Quantigic Solutions LLC; Free University of Tbilisi)
5. Measuring Distances in Space by Manahel Thabet (Independent)
6. Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction by Cullen Roche (Orcam Financial Group)
7. Trump University and Presidential Impeachment by Christopher Peterson (University of Utah – S.J. Quinney College of Law)
8. Equity Risk Premiums (ERP): Determinants, Estimation and Implications – The 2015 Edition by Aswath Damodaran (New York University – Stern School of Business)
9. Understanding the Modern Monetary System by Cullen O. Roche (Orcam Financial Group, LLC)
10. Country Risk: Determinants, Measures and Implications – The 2015 Edition by Aswath Damodaran (New York University – Stern School of Business)
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.