George Soros presented at the INET conference this weekend and offered some very good comments on Europe. Among the important points he makes:
- The Euro is a broken currency system in its current construct.
- The peripheral nations have been rendered to 3rd world status.
- The Euro users are essentially indebted in a foreign currency.
- The political dynamic is going to destroy the Euro
- The European union is at risk of dissolution.
- The Euro doesn’t have to collapse.
- Europe needs to come together and take extraordinary actions to resolve the crisis.
Watch the full video here:
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.