- The jobs number was almost exactly what Goldman expected. I’m sure they had no idea what the number would be in advance. Heck, even Steve Grasso knew….
- Don Luskin says the bull market needs a breather. Unfortunately for Don he has been wrong at every twist and turn of the market over the last two years. I have to admit I don’t like being on the same side of the trade as him.
- Is the elusive correction upon us or does the positive jobs report reaffirm the bulls’ confidence?
- Are there any bears left?
- Next week should be fun. There is virtually no news. Does no news = no catalyst = no reason to buy stocks?
- We nailed the earnings rally, was my sell last week a bit early? Is the market destined to hit Goldman’s 1050 target before taking a breather?
- Breadth is still excellent and makes me question my sell call every day I look at the data.
- My risk metrics, however, are all through the roof….
- A lone reader took the time to rate almost EVERY single one of my articles a “1”. I know I won’t appeal to everyone, but who has that kind of time? PS – All your IPs are belong to me….
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.