Some ideas for you all to chew on. Or not….
Tactical ways to navigate a more challenging Q2 and position for our core view…
1. Own volatility in Q2
2. Telecom & Utilities are the best defensive contrarian equity play
3. Sell Treasuries into Q2 strength
4. Long the US dollar versus commodities
5. High yield over high grade in 2013
6. Own Japanese financials
7. Buy German equities on Q2 weakness
8. Long US financials, short Canadian financials in 2013
9. Long US industrials, short European industrials
10. Long BRIC resources versus Emerging Markets in Q2
Source: Merrill Lynch
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.