I was on the Stansberry Investor Hour last week with Dan Ferris discussing the markets and the broader macro environment. My segment starts at 29:30. Topics discussed:
- The general macro environment and why growth could remain sluggish.
- I was very bullish about bonds 24 months ago at the Stansberry Investment Conference, but that view has changed….
- Bond math and why 0% yielding bonds make investing so difficult. FUN!
- Why I wouldn’t be surprised if markets don’t do much for a few years.
- Why the impatient investor will have a lot of trouble navigating a stock and bond market that generate lower average returns.
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.