Here are the slides from the presentation I gave at the University of South Carolina yesterday at their 33rd annual economic outlook conference. It was a really great event and it was nice talking to local business owners and many of the residents in South Carolina who make the economy there hum. The University put on a great event. Thanks to everyone who attended the event.
I don’t know if there will be video of the speech I gave, but my slides are pretty self explanatory. Here’s the quick summary:
- The USA has been through a historic credit crisis.
- The healing is a process, not an event.
- The economy remains extremely fragile, but growing!
- We are not Japan, we are Japan on “fast forward”
- This is not the 70’s!
- The private sector is increasingly running with the baton.
- The tapering is coming in 2014, but don’t mistake the taper for the end of easy money. The Fed will remain extremely accommodative.
- Tapering is a positive sign for the economy and the markets.
- The Fed won’t pull the rug out from under the markets.
- Don’t throw a taper tantrum. QE likely hasn’t had a hugely positive impact on the economy, therefore, reduction of QE likely won’t be a huge negative.
Let me now if you have any questions.
Hard Times Mean Easy Money is Here to Stay
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.
Comments are closed.