Jan Hatzius was on CNBC last Friday to discuss his outlook for the economy. He makes some interesting points:
- Current Activity Indicator is running at 1.2% in June, down from May.
- The CAI is not showing recession, but is still very weak.
- There will be additional QE from the Fed. Most likely to come later in the year.
- GDP Forecasts are likely to come down.
- The housing recovery is a positive for the economy.
- Declining energy prices should help growth.
See the full interview below:
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.