With over 40% of the S&P 500 having reported and over 55% of the entire market cap reporting we’re beginning to get an idea of how this earnings season is panning out. Thus far, it’s not that different from the last few – generally positive. The numbers:
- 79% of companies have beat revenue estimates
- 72% beat of companies have beat EPS estimates
- Total revenue growth is 8.7% year over year.
- Total EPS growth is 23.1%
- Revenues per share are rising 5.8% sequentially.
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.