A very rare television interview with Ray Dalio, founder of BridgeWater, the world’s largest hedge fund. Dalio describes how he approaches the market and what his current outlook is.
- The USD will eventually lose its reserve currency status (over the next 10 years).
- He is bullish about equities in 2011.
- Equities are still comparatively cheap.
- Gold is still unappreciated as an asset class.
- Diversification is the key. Dalio likes diversfiying out of dollar denominated assets such as emerging markets and gold.
- He believes the Fed saved us from a depression.
- Economic growth will slow in Q4 2011.
- De-leveraging is not over yet, but stimulus is offsetting the effects.
- The economy will be much weaker in 2012.
- He likes emerging market currencies.
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.