Warren Buffett joined Charlie Rose last night to discuss taxes, the deficit, the markets and the economy. Buffett was particularly on point in this piece. Buffett says:
- The USA cannot go bankrupt
- We could suffer high inflation.
- The high deficit is acting as a stimulus.
- The rich need to pay higher taxes.
- The US economy will avoid a double dip.
- The Fed’s rate signalling as a sign that the economy could remain weak until 2013.
- The big problem in the USA is a housing drag from the bubble.
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.