There was a lot of good content on the use of CAPE as an indicator this week and that brought out some older analysis as well. Here’s a round-up just in case you didn’t have time to read it all:
- The Mystery of Lofty Stock Market Elevations – Robert Shiller
- The Stock Market’s Missing Ingredient – Barry Ritholtz
- An Old Friend: The Stock Market’s Shiller P/E – Cliff Asness
- on Bob Shiller and CAPE – Marginal Revolution
- Shiller CAPE Market Valuation: Terrible For Market Timing, But Valuable For Long-Term Retirement Planning – Michael Kitces
- Fixing the Shiller Cape – Philosophical Economics
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.