I was trying to find a case of bull versus bear, but the majority of the commentary has turned quite bullish so you’ll have to settle for one side of the debate this time. This segment brings you bull versus super bull. Here we have Dean Maki, Chief US Economic of Barclays and Tobias Levkovich, Chief US Equity Stratgist at Citigroup.
Maki’s outlook summarized:
- The US economy is stronger than most presume.
- Recent data shows no recession imminent.
- Corporate profits have slowed.
- Europe will resolve their issues, but problems remain.
- The Fed will NOT launch QE3 in September.
- Gasoline prices will challenge consumers in the coming months.
- Expect “significant” stock market gains in the coming 6-12 months.
- The panic/euphoria model is still showing excessive pessimism.
- Don’t look at the VIX for market directionality.
Bull Dean Maki:
Super bull Tobias Levkovich:
Source: Bloomberg TV
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.