I know that central banks are the only thing that matters to the markets any more, but for the broader economy the month of April is looking pretty tepid on the manufacturing front. In case you haven’t been keeping track, here’s a rundown of the April regional manufacturing reports:
- Philly Fed: 1.3 (barely growing)
- Chicago PMI: 49 (contracting)
- Dallas Fed: -15.6 (contracting)
- KC Fed: -5 (contracting)
- Richmond Fed: -6 (contracting)
- Empire State Fed Survey: 3.05 (barely growing)
Something worth keeping an eye on….