In the face of perpetually bearish news it’s always nice to highlight some of the bullish reasons that might explain the continual price push higher (and even higher). These 7 points come courtesy of Josh Brown who passes them along courtesy of Schaeffers Research:
Here’s a list of a few of the bigger-picture things I’ve noted recently as reasons to look forward to higher prices.
- CNBC’s low ratings show no one is interested in this bull market
- 75% of high school students believe the market is rigged
- Bill Gross thinks stocks are a Ponzi scheme and the “cult of equity is dead”
- Short interest is high and rolling over
- Wall Street strategists are at 15-year lows in stock allocations
- The American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) sentiment poll just had 13 straight weeks of more bears than bulls
- There are huge outflows from equity mutual funds in the face of higher stock prices
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.