Who doesn’t want to invest like Warren Buffett? It’s easier than you think. You just have to follow these 7 easy steps:
1) Talk all sorts of smack about hedge funds but first spend the initial 10 years of your career running a hedge fund that charges 25% performance fees on top of 6% gains.
2) Amass enough capital (by charging massive fees) to buy multiple entire companies. Do it in a distressed debt/activist strategy, but later on spin it off as “value investing”.
3) Use your insurance arm (from the company you bought in a distressed debt play) as a massive cash flow machine in which you’re essentially a leveraged covered call option writing operation.
4) Tell the world that they should just buy index funds and then spend most of your time building a portfolio around individual equities.
7) Obtain a red phone to the US Treasury department so you can help them arrange a rescue plan that starts by rescuing your operation when it looks like the economy is collapsing.
See, it’s easy. Now go get started. You’re welcome.
Did you have a comment or question about this post, finance, economics or your love life? Feel free to use the discussion forum here to continue the discussion.*
*We take no responsibility for bad relationship advice.