Ed Harrison over at Credit Writedowns has put out his 10 for 2012. He has some pretty interesting predictions for the new year:
“Yesterday morning, I did the first weekly newsletter on my ten surprises for 2012. Here’s a brief version of the list. Like Wien, I think these are events most see as 1 in 3 but have a 50% or better likelihood of occurring.
- Greece sees writedowns
- Romney gets the nod in the US
- China has a hard landing
- India slows more than China
- Australia’s property boom ends
- European equities outperforms
- US GDP comes in below Byron Wien’s expected 3%
- German GDP slows dramatically
- Gold has its first off year
- The ECB provides more explicit backstops”
Source: Credit Writedowns
Mr. Roche is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Discipline Funds.Discipline Funds is a low fee financial advisory firm with a focus on helping people be more disciplined with their finances.
He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance, Understanding the Modern Monetary System and Understanding Modern Portfolio Construction.