Bob Doll, Chief Equity Strategist of BlackRock makes his 10 predictions for 2011:
1. US growth accelerates as US real GDP reaches a new all-time high.
2. The US economy creates two to three million jobs in 2011 as the unemployment rate falls to 9%.
3. US stocks experience a third year of double-digit percentage returns for the first time in more than a decade as earnings reach a new all-time high.
4. Stocks outperform bonds and cash.
5. The US stock market outperforms the MSCI World Index.
6. The United States, Germany and Brazil outperform Japan, Spain and China.
7. Commodities and emerging market currencies outperform the US dollar, the euro and the Japanese yen.
8. Strong balance sheets and free cash flow lead to significant increases in dividends, share buybacks, mergers and acquisitions and business reinvestment.
9. Investor capital flows move from bond funds to equity funds.
10. The 2012 Presidential campaign sees a plethora of Republican candidates while President Obama continues to move to the political center.