I was on The Investor Podcast this past weekend with the very awesome Stig Brodersen and Preston Psyh. We covered a lot of ground in this one including:
- The implication of negative interest rates for banks and bank customers
- Why quantitative easing doesn’t work in the current environment
- Why focus should be fiscal policy rather than monetary policy
- Why central banks works as a clearing house with the intention to avoid bank runs
- How a currency becomes worthy of reserve currency status
- If the low interest rates implies a new normal for expected stock market returns
Link here. I hope you enjoy!
Latest posts by Cullen Roche (see all)
- Why Deviating From Global Bond Weighting is Smart Indexing - 04/25/2017
- The Biggest Risk of Passive Investing - 04/25/2017
- The Most Dangerous Narratives are Usually the Smartest - 04/21/2017
Did you have a comment or question about this post, finance, economics or your love life? Feel free to use the discussion forum here to continue the discussion.*
*We take no responsibility for bad relationship advice.