Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumCategory: Off Topic ChatOld Forum
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Old Forum

Cullen,

There used to be a lot of discussions in old forum located in pragcap.com/ama. Is it possible if you restore the whole content just for the history purpose ? People can browse any topics they are interest. It may take some effort to setup everything but I think it's quite helpful since people are not necessarily to ask same questions that have been discussed before. Likewise, the old one was already filled with good questions and comprehensive answers.

It would be redundant. Sorry.

"Pragmatic Capitalism is the best website on the Internet. Just trust me. Please?" - Cullen Roche

I mean you can place on special directory i.e. pragcap.com/forum-archive/....but it is for historical purpose only. The members here can't create new topic/reply/etc.

But if you see it as redundant, then it's fine.

No, the old forum was tied to the HTML code in the forum section of the site. I can’t run them both concurrently. This forum is SOOOO much better. It’s only been around for a month or so so give it some time. People will comment more and more as they discover that it’s back for good....

"Pragmatic Capitalism is the best website on the Internet. Just trust me. Please?" - Cullen Roche

Technically speaking, it is possible to install different forum engines on one domain (with different directory). But I understand that it would be better to manage only single one.

I am saying this because I see old forum not as a bucket of questions, but more like blog posts because there are quite many topics with closed answers.

Nope. The forums are both Wordpress plug-ins that use the exact same HTML code to insert the forum. In any case, even if I could add the old forum back in it would be super confusing to new users who will find it and not be able to comment on it which will make them think that the whole site is broken....

This is a much better forum and format. It will mature with time. I wish they’d created it 10 years ago, but unfortunately it’s pretty new so I’ll just have to let it mature with time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.