We’ve all heard about the shadow banking system in recent years, but do you really understand what it is? Don’t worry, it’s really not as dark and mysterious as some people make it sound and it’s really not as complex as it sounds, but it’s very important to understand given its size and scope. So I’ve gone ahead and compiled a list of good papers that explain the basics of the shadow banking system and why it matter.
Here are some basic primers on shadow banking for future reference. I hope you find it helpful and please feel free to add more resources in the comments:
- Shadow Banking – NY Fed
- Is Shadow Banking Really Banking? – St Louis Fed
- Shedding Light on Banking’s Shadows – Deloitte
- Understanding the Risks Inherent in Shadow Banking – Dallas Fed
- Shadow Banking Regulation – NY Fed
Understanding Shadow Banking:
Latest posts by Cullen Roche (see all)
- How Scared Should we be About Future Returns? - 04/29/2016
- Three Things I Think I Think – Thinking Edition - 04/28/2016
- The Coming Catastrophe for High Fee Active Managers - 04/27/2016
Did you have a comment or question about this post, finance, economics or your love life? Feel free to use the discussion forum here to continue the discussion.*
*We take no responsibility for bad relationship advice.