It looks like a lot of people got the wrong impression from my post about how to invest like Warren Buffett. So here are a few clarifications:
- The post was written with a pretty heavy dose of sarcasm. I know I’m not very funny and you’re probably used to the boring and serious version of me so maybe I should have made that clear up front. Sorry about that.
- I have a huge amount of respect for what Warren Buffett has accomplished. I did not mean to imply that I do not respect his strategy or accomplishments.
- The main message from the post was to illustrate the complexity of the operation Warren Buffett has created and why anyone who says you can “invest like Buffett” is vastly exaggerating how easy it is to replicate his approach.
Sorry for the confusion.
Got a comment or question about this post? Feel free to use the Ask Me Anything section or connect with me on Twitter or email.
Mr. Roche is the Founder of Orcam Financial Group, LLC.Orcam is a financial services firm offering low fee asset management, private advisory, institutional consulting and educational services.Cullen is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance and Understanding the Modern Monetary System.
Latest posts by Cullen Roche (see all)
- Thanks! - 11/26/2015
- Covariation Bias and the Bear Market “Genius” - 11/25/2015
- Three Things I Think I Think – We Are All Stupid Edition - 11/24/2015