CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin sat down with Ray Dalio, founder of the world’s largest hedge fund, to discuss some of his market insights and processes. Among the highlights:
- His biggest worry – social disruption due to mismanagement of the de-leveraging by governments.
- There’s significant risk that the US economy hits an “air pocket” that results in economic disruption. Policy makers are a big risk here.
- China remains a big risk to the global economy.
- QE3 was a “good plan”.
- We will have a full blown depression in southern Europe in the coming years.
- Gold is “the new cash”. He says all investors should own some gold.
Video segment 1:
Video segment 2:
Got a comment or question about this post? Feel free to use the Ask Me Anything section or connect with me on Twitter or email.
Mr. Roche is the Founder of Orcam Financial Group, LLC.Orcam is a financial services firm offering asset management, private advisory, institutional consulting and educational services.He is also the author of Pragmatic Capitalism: What Every Investor Needs to Understand About Money and Finance and Understanding the Modern Monetary System.