Here’s some perspective on the recent gold rally and decline. Via Goldman Sachs:
- The 2012 average gold price was only 2.5% lower than the 1980 average of $1,711/ounce in real terms.
- The long-term real price average is $507/ounce, and the post Bretton Woods (1972 onwards) average is$741/ounce.
- Despite the latest price drop, prices remain high historically.
Latest posts by Cullen Roche (see all)
- 3 Big Flaws in “The Market” Portfolio - 08/25/2016
- Samsung is Winning the Productivity and Security Battle - 08/25/2016
- The Alpha Paradox - 08/23/2016
Did you have a comment or question about this post, finance, economics or your love life? Feel free to use the discussion forum here to continue the discussion.*
*We take no responsibility for bad relationship advice.